BAKING SPICE BLEND
An all-purpose blend of sweet baking spices, to add a rich flavor to baking. Perfect for cakes, muffins, breads, pies, or any dessert. It can also be added to coffees or hot chocolate for a subtle flavour.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives. No food coloring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Allspice, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Nutmeg and Orange Zest.
Net Weight: 50g / 1.76oz
OLD-FASHIONED SPICE MUFFINS
2 ½ cups sifted self raising flour, ½ spoon baking soda, 1 ¼ cups soft brown sugar, ½ cup butter softened, 3 eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons Leena’s spice blend.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 12 cup cupcake pan.
2) Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices into bowl; set aside.
3) Place shortening and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl. Blend until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4) Stir in flour, alternating with the buttermilk. Stir in vanilla.
5) Evenly divide batter amongst muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.