CHICKPEA MASALA SPICE
A blend of aromatic spices to create the traditional chickpea masala curry. This masala can also be used with other vegetarian curries such as kidney beans, lentils or vegetables.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free, Gluten free, Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Bay Leaves, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Fenugreek, Ginger, Mango Powder, Nutmeg, Star Anise and Turmeric.
Net Weight: 50g / 1.76oz $5.00
CHICKPEA CURRY RECIPE
2 x 400g cans of Chickpeas, 2 Medium Onions chopped, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 2 cups Water, 2 tsp Chickpea Masala, 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree, Juice of ½ Lemon, Salt to taste.
1) Drain chickpeas. Wash and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes, until light brown.
3) Add chickpea masala. Cook for 1 minute.
4) Add tomato puree. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add chickpeas and stir for 1 minute.
6) Add water and salt.
7) Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
8) Remove cover and cook on high heat until gravy thickens.
9) Add lemon juice.
10) Serve hot with rice, naan or bread of your choice.