GOAN FISH MASALA SPICE
GOAN FISH MASALA SPICE MIX
An authentic blend of spices to create the exotic coastal delicacy, Goan fish curry. Can be used with any type of seafood.
(RECIPE AT THE BACK)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free, Gluten free, Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Bay Leaf, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Curry Leaves, Garam Masala, Garlic, Ginger, Mace, Mustard Seeds, Nutmeg, Paprika and Turmeric.
GOAN FISH MASALA CURRY
500g fish (cleaned and cut into pieces) or any other kind of seafood, 1 ½ lump of Tamarind (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and pulp extracted), 1 tsp Leena’s Goan Fish Masala, 1 large onion (grated), 1 Tbsp tomato puree, 1 ½ cup of coconut cream, 3 Tbsp cooking oil, 2 cups of water, salt to taste
1) In a bowl, mix tomato puree, coconut cream and Leena’s Goan Fish Masala.
2) Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and fry for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
3) Add mixed masala paste and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
4) Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil, until the gravy thickens.
5) Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Add salt. 6) Gently add fish pieces or seafood of your choice to the gravy and cook for 10 minutes.
7) Serve hot with rice.
This spice made a fabulous curry. I love having the recipe on the back of the packet.