JALFREZI SPICE BLEND
An authentic blend of spices which have been carefully ground, and roasted to create the traditional JALFREZI SPICE BLEND.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Bay Leaves, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Fenugreek, Garlic, Ginger, Mace, Nutmeg, Paprika, Star Anise and Turmeric.
Net Weight: 50g / 1.76oz $5.00
500g Lamb Cubed, 1 Red Pepper Cubed, 1 Green Pepper Cubed, 1 Medium Onion Chopped, 4 Tbsp Tomato Puree, 4 Tbsp Oil, 1 Tbsp Leena Jalfrezi Masala, Juice of 1 Lemon, 1 Extra Medium Onion Cubed, Salt to taste.
1) Heat oil in a saucepan on high heat. Add lamb pieces and fry until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
2) In the remaining oil, fry chopped onion until golden brown. Add previously fried lamb and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add tomato puree, Jalfrezi and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
4) Add enough water to cover the lamb and simmer on low heat until tender.
5) Increase heat, and cook until the gravy is thick. Add peppers, lemon juice and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
6) Serve hot with rice.