KOLHAPURI SPICE MASALA - MAHARASHTRA SPECIALITY
KOLHAPURI SPICE MASALA - A SPECIALITY OF MAHARASHTRA
A versatile spice blend, roasted and ground to give traditional flavour to Maharashtra cuisine. Comes with an easy cooking recipe.
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN KOLHAPURI
500g Chicken pieces
1 Large onion, minced
4 TBS oil
½ tsp garlic paste
½ tsp ginger paste
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
1 ½ tsp Leena Kohlapuri Masala
½ cup water
Red chilli powder to taste
Salt to taste
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat. Add minced onion. Sauté until light brown
- Add ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Marinate chicken pieces with cooked onion, ginger garlic, chilli and Kohlapuri masala. Leave aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook until soft.
- Add marinated chicken and salt. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add ½ cup water. Mix well. Lower heat and cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy thickens. Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with rice or chapattis.
Customers also viewed
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.