LAMB PASANDA SPICE POWDER
What is Lamb Pasanda?
Have you ever wanted to recreate the original taste and the authentic flavour from Indian Mughal Empire? Welcome to Lamb Pasanda Spice.
Emperors from 16th century onwards were very fond of Lamb Pasanda. It is mild, delicious in taste. and is rich and creamy in flavour. The original dish was made with lamb leg prime cuts and flattened strips. These were marinated in yogurt and in various spices and then fried. Goat meat was also used with similar style.
Nowadays, modern chefs have improvised and replaced the meat with chicken, prawns. and even beef. The real taste remains with the spices used and not the actual meat.
There was a lot of effort required to make Lamb Pasanda Curry, but we have made it convenient with our spices to extract the same authentic flavour with an easy to follow recipe. Follow the instructions and you will never look back. In Urdu, Pasanda means “favourite”. This could be your favourite spice!
No preservatives or additives. No food coloring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Lamb Pasanda Spice Ingredients
Lamb Pasanda Recipe
Ingredients to make Lamb Pasanda Curry
- 500g lamb pieces (For 4 diners)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 medium onion cubed
- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 large tomatoes chopped or 50g tomato puree
- 50ml yogurt
- 25ml cream or coconut cream
- 1 ½ tsp Leena Pasanda Masala
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nuts or raisins are optional
- Grind nuts and raisins with water to make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add sliced onions and fry until brown and crispy. Remove and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add diced onions and fry for 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add meat pieces and stir until the meat is brown.
- Add 1 ½ tsp Leena Pasanda Masala, salt, pepper, nuts and raisin paste. Stir for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, yogurt, fried onion and ½ cup water.
- Bring to boil. Cover and cook on low heat until the meat is tender.
- Add cream or coconut cream. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the gravy is thick.
- Serve with Naan, Pita or Rice.
Only used once and next time will use more.