A classic and aromatic blend of spices to create the dry Rendang curry dish from Indonesia.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Black Pepper, Cassia, Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Galangal, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon Grass, Shallots and Turmeric.
Net Weight: 50g / 1.76oz $5.00
500g boneless beef cubes, 1 onion minced, 1 ½ Leena’s Rendang Spice Mix, 2 tsp tamarind puree, 2 Tbsp cooking oil, 1 can coconut cream, 1 tsp brown sugar, salt to taste
1) Mix minced onion, tamarind puree and Rendang Spice mix to make a paste.
2) Heat oil in a work on a medium heat and fry beef cubes in batches until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil, add the paste. Cook for 5 minutes. 4) Add coconut milk, sugar and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add beef cubes and cook on low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, until tender. If required, add a little water. Stir occasionally.
6) Increase heat and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the gravy is thick.
7) Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Went down a treat with the family, everyone raved about it. This mix is much more convenient than faffing about with various spices. Love the fact it contains no chili; I add just a couple of pinches of chilli flakes to keep the heat level mild.
Thought I was back in Malaysia
We've been home from living in Malaysia for 5 years and thought we would never taste a real redang again but this spice mix proved us wrong. The best part was I could actually eat it. I am allergic to chili but my husband loves the chili spice. We add the chili to his half of the meal about 30 minutes before dishing up. Thank you for making this possible.