A blend of aromatic spices to create the traditional taste of vegetables. This masala can be used in any vegetarian dishes of your choice.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives. No food colouring. Salt free, Gluten free, Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Asafoetida, Bay Leaves, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Fenugreek, Garlic, Ginger, Mango Powder, Nutmeg and Turmeric.
Net Weight: 50g / 1.76oz $5.00
CAULIFLOWER, PEAS AND POTATO MASALA (ALOO GOBI)
Any vegetables of your choice can be used.
1 medium cauliflower cut into small florets, 2 large potatoes cut into small cubes, half a cup of peas, 1 medium onion finely chopped, 2 Tbsp oil, 1 tsp Leena Vegetable Masala, 1 tsp tomato puree, ½ tsp of cumin seeds, salt to taste
1) Wash vegetables and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
3) Add chopped onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until light brown.
4) Add vegetables and stir for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add Leena Vegetable Masala and stir for 1-2 minutes.
6) Cover and cook on a low heat, until the vegetables are tender.
7) Add peas and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Increase the heat, add tomato puree and salt, and cook for 5 minutes.
9) Garnish with cilantro. Serve with naan, roti, rice, bread.
I am very happy with this product. It is yum on any vegatable. Also tried it on roast veges gives them a lovely flavor. Thank you for this awesome product.
Spices by Leena
I recently ordered a dozen spices from Leena Spices and while I haven't used them all the few I have were fresh and fragrant. I like the fact there are recipes on the back of some of the packets ,a great idea to start using unfamiliar spices. I look forward to experimenting .