RENDANG SPICE MIX POWDER
A classic and aromatic blend of spices to create the dry Rendang Powder curry dish from Indonesia.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Black Pepper, Cassia, Coriander, Cumin, Fennel, Galangal, Garlic, Ginger, Lemon Grass, Shallots and Turmeric.
500g boneless beef cubes, 1 onion minced, 1 ½ tsp Leena Rendang Spice Mix, 2 tsp tamarind puree, 2 Tbsp cooking oil, 1 can coconut cream, 1 tsp brown sugar, salt to taste
1) Mix minced onion, tamarind puree and Leena Rendang Powder Spice mix to make a paste.
2) Heat oil in a work on a medium heat and fry beef cubes in batches until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil, add the paste. Cook for 5 minutes. 4) Add coconut milk, sugar and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5) Add beef cubes and cook on low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, until tender. If required, add a little water. Stir occasionally.
6) Increase heat and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the gravy is thick.
7) Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Haven't used it yet but very happy to find some powder instead of paste - very hard to find.
My favourite when cooking just onions and cauliflower with olive oil.
Redang spice mix
We really love it, easy to use, takes me back to my time in Indonesia, perfect flavour! Many thanks.
Very easy, and very tasty.
Rendang beef spice mix
Excellent all round. Packaging, delivery when shipped, value, quality, flavour etc. Will definitely recommend to others.