SAAG MASALA SPICE
An authentic range of spices that has been blended and ground to give an authentic flavour and taste to Saag.
(Recipe on the back)
A unique blend of spices that has been carefully blended and ground for the classic north Indian Saag dish.
Ingredients: Black Pepper, Coriander, Cumin, Fenugreek, Garam Masala, Garlic, Ginger, Mustard and Paprika.
Ingredients: 300g spinach finely chopped, 300g mustard greens or silver beet finely chopped, 1 ½ tsp Leena Saag Masala, 2 Tbsp tomato puree or 1 fresh tomato minced, 2 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp finely chopped garlic (optional), 1 medium onion finely chopped, salt to taste, 2 Tbsp butter or fresh cream or coconut milk.
Method: 1) Boil spinach and mustard greens or silver beet on low heat until tender and soft. Mash or grind with blender until smooth.
2) Cook on high heat until thick.
3) Heat oil in a pan on high. Add chopped garlic (optional) and onions. Sauté until translucent.
4) Add Leena Saag Masala and stir for 1 minute.
5) Add tomato puree and salt. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes until oil leaves the sides.
6) Add boiled greens and mix until well wilted and cook for few minutes.
7) Add cream or butter or coconut cream.
8) Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
9) Serve hot with naan or pita.
As an added option you can add paneer/ corn/ mushroom/ broccoli/ chicken or meat of your choice/ potatoes/ any greens of your choice.
A surprisingly versatile spice mix
I have really been enjoying the Saag masala mix - not just for the tasty saags, but also for the way it makes cauliflower rice into something super-delicious, for the lift it gives to fish fillets, and the way it makes other meals on my no-fat food plan actually taste okay :) Thanks Leena