Chutney spice has a tangy sweet flavour. You can use it with fresh, dry fruit or any vegetables of your choice.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives, No food colouring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Achari spice, All spice, Cardamom, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Mint, Mustard seeds, Nutmeg and Paprika.
RECIPE FOR NECTARINE CHUTNEY
What you need
1Kg Nectarine stoned and roughly chopped. You can use any fruit or vegetables of your choice. 2 cups brown sugar, 1 cup vinegar or apple cider, 2tsp finely grated ginger, ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional) or ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp salt, ¾ cup raisins or dates, juice of 1 lemon and zest, 2tsp olive oil, 1 ½ tsp Leena Chutney Spice.
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add chopped nectarine and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients in the saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Cook on low heat until the chutney goes thick.
- Allow to cool and pour into the jar.
prompt delivery. recipe great!
I found the chutney spice quite unique. Being of South African descent, I found the flavours unusual for a chutney (tomato base) , however it was very pleasant.waiting to try using plums