RAGOUT SPICE MIX
Ragout is a flavourful seasoning which can be used on meats, pot roasts, poultry, chickpeas, stews, soups and casseroles.
(Recipe on the back.)
No preservatives or additives such as food colouring. Salt free. Gluten free. Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Basil, Black Pepper, Caraway, Celery Seeds, Cloves, Coriander, Cumin, Garlic, Onion Powder, Oregano, Rosemary and Smoked Paprika.
BEEF RAGOUT RECIPE
500g beef cubed, 1 large onion finely chopped, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 medium carrots chopped, 2 celery stalks chopped, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 ½ Leena’s Ragout Spice mix, 1 cup of red wine, 1 cup of beef stock, half a cup of water, 400g diced tomatoes, salt to taste
1) Heat oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
2) Add beef pieces and cook until brown on both sides. Remove and keep aside.
3) Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add celery and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until they become brown.
5) Add tomatoes, ragout mix, stock, water, vinegar and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
6) Return the beef to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender.
7) Increase heat and cook until the gravy is thick.
8) Serve with pasta.
Very tasty meal