DAL MAKHANI SPICE
A unique blend of herbs and spices, carefully roasted to create an authentic taste of rich and creamy Dal of North India.
No preservatives or additives or food colouring. Salt free, Sugar fee, Gluten free, Nut free and Fat free. 100% pure.
Ingredients: Bay leaves, Black pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin, Coriander, Fennugreek, Garam Masala, Ginger, Nutmeg, Paprika, and Turmeric.
DAL MAKHANI RECIPE
200gm whole black urad dal or whole black lentil, 25 gm red kidney beans (optional), 4 cups water, ½ tsp grated ginger, 2 tsp minced garlic, 3 tbsp cooking oil, salt to taste, 1 medium onion finely chopped, 1 ½ tsp Leena Dal Makhani Masala, 2 medium tomatoes grated or 50gm can tomato puree, 3 tbsp thickened cream or coconut cream, 1 Tbsp butter, ½ tsp cumin seeds
1) Wash dal. Soak overnight or at least 4 to 5 hrs in a bowl of water.
2) Add soaked dal and water in a saucepan. Add salt. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hr until the dal is soft. Mash dal with a masher. Add red kidney beans and keep aside.
3) Heat cooking oil in a wok on medium high heat. Add cumin seeds. Allow to crackle.
4) Add chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic. Cook for further 2 minutes.
5) Add tomato puree and Leena Dal Makhani Masala. Saute until the oil seperates.
6) Pour the cooked dal into masala mixture. Mix well..
7) Add butter. Stir and cook dal on low flame until it thickens to your liking
8) Pour cream and stir well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9) Serve hot with rice, naan or roti.